Friday, May 18, 2018

May Update

Hello internet friends!  Wow!  Life got real busy, real fast.  Work is always busy in the spring, with outdoor maintenance crews gearing up and quite a few tradeshows.  Plus, I travel more in the spring, summer and fall weather, just because it is easier to schedule trips without the threat of snow!

As a result, I have been making sporadic, short trips into L'Atelier, without much to show for it as a result.  I even had to wear an "old" (aka previously premiered) dress to a banquet I recently attended!  This coming weekend is a long weekend here in Canada, and I'm very excited to be home for the weekend.  And instead of gardening all weekend, which I normally do for the May 2-4 long weekend, I'm planning on being in L'Atelier for a good portion of the time!

My last goals post was a while ago, so without further ado, here's how I fared on my April goals:

April Goals

Knitting

1.  Finish March PSC socks. Finished!  These turned out gorgeous, IMOH.  You can see them here.
2.  Start and finish April PSC socks.  I am using this as motivation to finish my March PSC socks (which I'm absolutely loving), but I won't even open the April package until the March ones are done! I've got the first sock done, and the second one started but totally got sidetracked with a cardigan that I want to take with me on an upcoming holiday.
3.  Finish Deklan's Sheepish Little Sweater - just the colourwork on the last sleeve to go! Done!  He's so adorable, don't you think?



4.  Choose and start a birthday present for Ben. Well, I chose the project, but haven't started it yet - shame, shame.  In my defense, he won't be able to wear it until the fall/winter anyways...

Sewing

1.  Finish Queen of Dots SWAP - one skirt to go!  I've been totally distracted by the Spring in Prague SWAP.  The fabric for this skirt is still sitting on the cutting table.  I do really want to make this because it matches a jacket I just finished, and I'd love to have it as a suit.  I think the reason I keep putting it off is that I want it to be more than a normal, boring pencil skirt and I'm not sure how to narrow down my ideas...
2.  Continue with Spring in Prague SWAP - at least two articles per week. Well, I'm slowly picking away at this, but not at this speed.  
3.  Schedule at least one full weekend day in April for a sewing retreat day. I got a day in and an hour here and there, but the full weekend didn't happen.  It's plenty okay though, I had loads of other activities and social events that kept me busy!
4.  Choose pattern and pull fabric for dress for the upcoming Ski Patrol Banquet in May. Well, I pulled fabric and chose a pattern, and even cut it out and had it half sewn, but I just ran out of time to get it done for the banquet.  I am still planning on finishing it - and I'll post it here when I do!

Reading

1.  Finish Deadly Communion, by Frank Tallis (the last book of the Libermann Papers series). Done!  What a great series.
2.  Start Lean In, by Sheryl Sandberg. I've started this, and am really enjoying it.
3.  Chose next fiction read. I finished a few books over the past few months, and am currently reading Three Days Road.  This is not a happy story, but it is absolutely gripping and I am enjoying the read.

Health/Fitness

1.  Yoga 3x/week. I've been rocking this goal, making it to the mat almost every day.
2.  Kettlebells training 3x/week. Working out when you're travelling so often is hard.  I've managed to take my yoga practice with me, but can't figure out how to get a different workout in.  I'll keep trying.
3.  Walking 3x/week.  With the nicer weather, I've been able to walk regularly, and I'm loving the way my brain feels so clear after a walk outside.

Miscellaneous

1.  Continue with Atelier spring cleaning. It's an ongoing process.  Creativity is messy!

May Goals

Well, May is half over, but I still have a few goals for the month.  I'll try to remember to be kind to myself when I'm in planning mode!

Knitting

1.  Finish the Custom Comfy Fade Cardigan I've been working on.  Gosh, I'm loving the way this is turning out.  I want to take it with me on my upcoming vacation, so there's a deadline.  I'm on the first sleeve, so it's still do-able!



Sewing

1.  Keep working on the Spring in Prague SWAP.  I don't have *that* much left, and I'm planning on a full sewing retreat weekend this weekend!

Reading

1.  Finish Three Days Road by Joseph Boyden.
2.  Load up the Kindle for my upcoming vacation (any recommendations for books taking place in Prague?)
3.  Continue reading Lean In, by Sheryl Sandberg

Health/Fitness

1. Be more diligent about what "fuel" I put into my body, and my reduce sugar intake.
2. Continue with my yoga practice, daily if possible.
3. Add kettlebells and kickboxing into my routine.
4.  Continue walking, daily if possible.

Miscellaneous

1. Continue cleaning and purging in L'Atelier.

No comments:

Post a Comment