Friday, March 2, 2018

February Goals Check In & March Goals

Part of me can't believe February is over. The other part, the part of me that spent the better portion of a week on the couch being sick and missed my mom's 70th birthday party,  and the part of me that went away on a ski vacation to ski in the rain (well, only one day was spent in the rain but still), definitely knows February is over.  


Yours truly on the ski vacation - it rained one day, but snowed the next!

I took a look at my goals over the past few days to prep for this post and realized that I haven't actually been working towards them.  When I get busy, I forget to review.  I need to set up a better system to review them on a regular basis.  Reviewing my goals is a big part of success in reaching them.  

In any event, here were my goals for February, and how I fared:

Knitting

1.  Start and finish the personal sock club (PSC) sock for February Done!  I'm really loving this sock club, and am having fun exploring patterns that I've had cued for years!  Kudos to my girl for putting this together for me!

2.  Work on the Mackenzie sweater I have thought about working on this, does that count?! ;)

3.  Spin one braid/bump/batt nada, nope, nothing.  The spinning wheels sit neglected in my living room, mocking me.  Maybe when ski season is finished, I'll get back to it.

4.  Finish the Sheepish Little Sweater for Deklan I'm in the midst of the second sleeve, so it's coming!

5.  Start and finish birthday socks for Mom and choose the birthday socks for Dad I have started and finished the socks for Mom, and am a good way through the socks for Dad, so I've super smashed this goal.

Sewing

1.  Sew a Fenway bra and pantie set  I don't know what the deal is with this bra, but I just can't make myself get it into the queue.  I now have the right colour powernet for the back bands, but am missing navy fold over elastic to finish the mesh part of the cups.  I"m trying not to buy anything, but if I want to sew this, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get some on order.  Maybe it's because I don't have much success with the use of fold over elastic?  

2.  Chose and sew one Burda pattern from the January 2018 issue (can't wait to try the yoga top and leggings!) the patterns for the yoga top and leggings have been traced (ahem, on the 28th, but only because I wanted to at least make some progress on this goal!)

3.  Continue sewing Queen of the Dots SWAP items I am making great progress on this.  Only two more pieces to go, and I'll be done the first/main component of the SWAP!  Watch my posts for more details on each piece as I progress.

Reading

1.  Finish reading Crucial Conversations I haven't even picked this up since I wrote this goal.  I am even putting the portions of this book that I have read into practice, and want to finish it but get sidetracked every time I make plans to read.

2.  Finish reading Life Mask by Emma Donoghue I had borrowed this from the library and didn't finish it before it got returned.  I  had a hard time getting into it, so I'm just going to move onto the next book on my list.

3.  Start Leaning In I have devoted seriously little time to reading this month and haven't finished the previous books, so there's no sense in starting another one.

4.  Start the next book in the Libermann Papers series by Frank Tallis  ditto

5.  Start High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard ditto ditto

Health/Fitness

1.  Get at least 7 hours of sleep at night.  Go to bed by 10 pm.  Try, try, try!  Well, I'm getting to sleep by 11 pm.  I'm heading to bed around 10, but then reading for a bit before lights out.  This is progress.

2.  Continue with yoga 3x/week in the mornings  Yes, I'm smashing this goal (funny to use that phrase related to yoga, but anyway).  Stretching really makes me better.

3.  Meditate daily, every morning  I'm not getting a formal meditation practice in every day, but I'm making moments throughout my day more meditative.  

4.  Move my body outdoors at least 3x/week.  Life for me is better when I get outside! This has been a weird one this month.  At the beginning of February it was just gross outside, then I was sick, and then I was away on a ski vacation which really bumped up my desire to be outside, nice weather or not.  So, I'm not sure how to classify whether I accomplished this goal, but the nicer weather we've been having coupled with the approach of the end of ski season have really made me want to be outside, either walking or skiing.

Goals for March!

Knitting

1.  Choose a project that is currently in hibernation mode (on Ravelry) to start working on again. I'm thinking maybe the Stunning Lace Lux Poncho, just in time for summer?  It goes perfectly with my Queen of Dots SWAP clothing items.

2.  Finish Dad's birthday socks.

3.  Start and finish March PSC socks.

4.  Choose, start and finish a birthday knit for my sister (her birthday is March 30).  Amy, if you're reading this, I'll be sending you a knitted something for your b-day!

Sewing

1.  Finish the first phase of the Queen of Dots SWAP.  I only have two more pieces to go, with the majority of one finished.

2.  Start the second phase (Extras) for the Queen of Dots SWAP.

3.  Order the fold over elastic for the navy Fenway bra set.

4.  Make the Harriet bra and a matching pantie.

5.  Make activewear/yoga from the January 2018 Burda magazine.

6.  Make the Kerrie sportsbra from Pin Up Girls patterns.

Reading

1.  Start the next book in the Libermann Papers series by Frank Tallis. And actually read it.

2.  Finish Crucial Conversations.

Health/Fitness

1.  Dragonboat season is coming, and I'm woefully off my training routine.  I would like to gear up the training by re-introducing kettlebells and core workouts back into my routine, 3x/week.

2.  Continue with yoga 3x/week.

3.  Continue with getting outdoors (walking or skiing) 3x/week.

Miscellaneous

1.  Choose a way to track and review my goals.

2.  Start spring cleaning my Atelier.  I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I have down there again.  I need to go through my fabric and donate/toss some stuff!!

I'd love to hear from you.  What goals to you have this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment