Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sewing Check-in

Sans pics, I'm afraid.  I've been doing a ton of sewing, and sewing related activities, but haven't been photographing much of it.  My waist has exceeded the size of my current dressform (ahem, need to think about getting back into my exercise routine!), so all the skirts I've been sewing at my Garment Sewing - Skirts course don't look...blog-worthy when I do take pictures of them.

Then there was Snowmageddon 2013 in London (Ontario) this past weekend, in which I got snowbound at my parents - um, yeah, we woke up to 70 cm, yup, that's right 70 cm!!! of snow on Sunday morning.  The snow plow didn't get to their subdivision until Monday morning.

Most recently I've been working on my Christmas sewing.  I actually took Monday off (my last holiday day from work) with the hopes of spending the entire day in L'Atelier (aka The Sewing Room), but with snow making a huge change of plans, I only got to spend the afternoon sewing.  I did manage to cut and sew three pairs of flannel jammie pants, and a robe that I had cut out in 20...ahem...something-or-other.  Fortunately, my girls are relatively the same size as they were then, so they will still fit.  The robe is from a Minky type fabric (SOOOO soft, I almost don't want to give it away!)

I'll try to get pictures shortly, but I wanted to pop in and let you know I'm still here, and I'm sewing (and knitting too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment